What are the best times? A fellow named Dan Zarella over at ProBlogger has done some research. Here are the 6 best times:
- Saturday. This is the peak day for sharing on Facebook, my favorite social media and the most popular. The slowest day for Facebook sharing is Thursday.
- 9 am Eastern Standard Time, USA. This is the peak sharing time on Facebook, though it goes up and down a lot during the day. 1 am is the slowest time.
- 4 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA. This is the peak time for re-tweeting on Twitter, so if you post then and tweet your post (I do it automatically), you are most likely to be retweeted. The slowest time for re-tweets is 9 am EST.
- Friday. This is the peak day of the week for re-tweets, while Sunday is the slowest. So the peak time for posting is 4 pm on Fridays.
- Mornings. That's when the most folks reported that they read blogs, followed by afternoon, evening and night.
- Twice a day or more. The most popular blogs, judged by unique views per month and by links on Yahoo, are the ones that post twice or more a day rather than once a day or less. But I'm sure once a day is better than once a week, or once a month...
Books I'm Peddling:
ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income
Blogging For Dummies
Where the Opium Cactus Grows by Nissa Annakindt
Shirt-Tail Relatives of This Post:
Promoting a Book or Blog in the Darwinian Underworld of Reddit.com
Prolific Blogger Award goes to the Crazy Cat Lady
And the cat came Back
Now that I've spoke my piece, what do YOU have to say about it?