1. Find an older blog post of yours and do a revised/updated version of it as a new post. You may in addition tell a little about how the original post came to be written. Writing related posts are particularly enjoyed, but anything that isn't death threats, bomb making instructions, porn or spam is OK.
2. Include the Nifty Recycled Mondays graphic if you can. 3. Include the Linky code.
3.5. I forgot to say, include these Recycled Monday rules in your post as well.
4. Post your post, then add the link of that post to the Linky.
5. Visit at least three of the other blogs on the Linky list. Comment on at least one. Politely.
This is one of the earliest blog posts that I wrote for this blog.
Are you planning to write a short story or novel but don't have any ideas? Here are a few concocted by the boys in my basement. Use as many as you need.
1. Main character is a blind, deaf or wheelchair-bound werewolf (vampire, fairy, elf, gaki). Extra points if your character DOESN'T want to die rather than living ('undying') with a disability.
2. Scientists are involved in a genetic study of sociopathic killers. They find a gene which causes this. A group of blood samples of prison inmates is exchanged for blood samples of preschool children. Three children test positive for the sociopath-killer gene. What happens next?
3. A presidential candidate is about to win the nomination, in large part due to her or his support of a certain issue. The candidate is visited by an actual angel who says that the candidate must switch position on this issue, and shows why this is important. Will the candidate ignore the warning to get elected? Or change her-or-his position on the issue?
4. A family finds a gateway to: a) another dimension b) fairyland or c) hell in their basement. What do they do about it? And will it lower the resale value of their home when it comes time to sell?
5. A being with superhero-type powers fights the criminal element in a large city. The cops must find a way to capture the superhero and put him on trial for vigilante-action.
6. Panini rolls are actually alien life forms plotting to destroy the human race. This idea is actually true. Hero of this story should be a heroic Zorba roll.
7. A vampire is appointed to the Supreme Court and makes his fellow justices into vampires too. (Remember Supreme Court justices are appointed for life, and can rule forever.) I think the hero of this one will have a big stake.
8. A man plants trees, each one named after a friend, family member, or a famous living person. When a person's tree dies, the person dies. Some one finds out and kills the tree of a popular US president. (Does that count as assassination???)~~~~~~~~~~